catching up

It has been such a crazy week for me. I feel like so much happened that I have not still processed it entirely. First, the whole last minute deal with my internship and then finding out at the last moment that I would in fact be doing the internship but at a different location, just everything has been a blur and yet not.

To bring you up to speed, I am still doing the internship and I started on Monday of this week. I am, however, doing it at a different location. While I feel like it will not be the experience I was hoping for, it is still a unique experience of its own. Instead of being on a hospital floor, I am in a outpatient clinic. Two completely separate worlds. I am used to being on a hospital floor and used to being that kind of nursing student. But this is entirely new. A bit slow paced too but a new perspective nonetheless. I am still hurting a bit from the last minute insult but I am tired of feeling upset. I want to move on. I want to feel happy because at the end of the day, it is still an internship and a paid one at that. So, hell yeah!

I have been driving a lot this past week. I commute almost 45 minutes to an hour each way. So many new places and all on my own. I feel quite proud of myself honestly. These little achievements mean a big deal to me. I like being independent and self-reliant. I LOVE the staff at the clinic. So damn welcoming and friendly. I was there for only 4 hours yesterday but I was laughing for most of the time. I think it will be good for me.

This is my first weekend after working all 5 days a week. I have not worked a regular 8-5 schedule in forever! I felt delirious with excitement as I was driving home after a overwhelming week Friday evening. We both slept in this morning and it was amazing to say the least.

Oh and another highlight of this past week. We found a cat that had been missing for almost 2 weeks and were able to safely return him back home. When I saw the cat, I remembered seeing his missing cat poster in the neighborhood and decided to pet him and feed him before letting the owners know. He was such a sweet gentle soul-18 years young!! Poor kitty.  I felt mighty happy that he was back home safe.

That is all for now.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s